The primary function, then, is to lead the congregation in true worship under the guidance of the Holy Spirit.
“God is Spirit, and those who worship Him must worship Him in spirit and in truth”. (John 4:24) We emphasize that our purpose and calling is that of leading others into the very presence of the Living God.
Members should view their function as ministers of the gospel through music and song. Those who serve on the Praise & Worship Team, therefore, should view their role as a calling from God.
In order for a praise & worship team to operate effectively, it must include a few essentials.
• Tasks and responsibilities of praise & worship team include singing songs and leading intercessory prayers.
• The team may include a full choir and a full band or instrumentalists.
• The praise & worship team carry the responsibility of selecting and preparing music for weekly fellowship services.
• The team of musicians and singers practices the songs throughout the week in preparation for the weekly worship service.
• Praise and worship teams differ from choirs in that they tend to sing more contemporary, upbeat worship songs rather than traditional hymns. You might see a praise team leading people to clap their hands.