The Children’s ministry must be viewed as a ministry that is assisting parents in their mission to raise their children to love and serve the Lord as one of our primary responsibility. As a church, We believe that children’s ministry entails much more than simply entertaining children while their parents go to church. It is our firm belief that Christ’s love and truth can be shared with even the youngest of children and that providing age appropriate Bible instruction is one of our core responsibilities as a church.
The Bible makes it very clear that children are very special to God. If you examine what the Bible says about children, you will notice a great number of perspectives:
• Children are a gift from God. He gives children to parents as a special sign of love and personal fulfillment (Deut. 7:13; Ps. 127:3).
• Children are desirable. From Creation, God has instructed us to bear • children (Gen. 9:7; Deut. 6:3).
• Children bring joy and blessings to adults. God provides many benefits to parents through parenting their children (Num. 5:28; Deut. 28:4, 11).
• Children need to be taught how to develop a relationship with God. One of our greatest challenges is to pass on our beliefs and understanding of God to our children (Exod. 12:26, 37; Deut. 6:1-7; Prov. 22:6).
• Children are so valuable to God that He commands us to protect them. Parents are to ensure the spiritual and physical security of their children (1 Sam. 20:42; Ezra 8:21).
2. To teach the children the truth and to show them good examples by living an exemplary Christian life.
3. To help the children to discover and develop their God-given talents and gifts and to provide opportunities for the children to utilize their gifts and talents.
4. To pray always for the spiritual growth and well-being of the children.
5. To show genuine love, care and concern for the children and to cater for their welfare.
6. To develop and equip the children unto spiritual maturity through effective counselling, teachings and visitation.
7. To pray always for the growth and unity of the Church and for the General Overseer of the Ministry and his leadership team.
8. To work hand in hand with other team ministries for the purpose of achieving Church growth and kingdom expansion and to carry out any duties that may be assigned to the ministry group from time to time by the General Overseer / Resident Pastor and Ministry leadership.
9. Work closely with the ushers, greeter to ensure smooth running as children are guided to the Children’s ministry services.
10. Review and prepare lessons for the children weekly.
11. Prepare the Childrens’ ministry for services.
12. Spend extra time with the parents and first time visitors to the childrens ministry and answer any questions.
13. To plan and implement an year calendar of programmes of children that will draw them to Christ and provide for participation in all church activities.
14. To serve as advocates for the interests and needs of children to the church departments and leadership board.
15. Maintain communication with parents, teachers, and leaders by informing them about workshops, camp meetings and any resources required.
16. To work with the Pastor in Charge of Welfare when there is a need for:
a. Baby dedications